Friday, June 24, 2011

Not falling off the face of the earth.... yet

Forgive me readers for I have slacked.  It has been 14 days since my last blog.  I accuse myself of the following negligence. 

I've noticed that the dates between blog posts is getting progressively longer and longer.  I'm not sure why this is, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm loosing the ability to amuse myself.  Or perhaps my abilities have just fallen asleep from boredom.  Although a couple days ago I felt totally inspired to write something that I deem unfit for posting.  I wrote it anyway.  Then I felt sad that I had a creative burst of talent and nothing to show for it.  Then I started writing this post.... two days ago.  The opening sentence originally stated that it had been 12 days since my last post.  With each passing hour, my offense became greater and greater. 

In my defense, I'm on these antibiotics right now (which I started on Wednesday) that make me feel consistently slightly nauseous.  It kinda feels like when you're just starting to get sick and you know it's going to get worse, but it never does.  Sometimes I can ignore it, but it's always there.  However, two days ago when I started writing, I wasn't aware of this side effect and all I knew was that I felt sick and didn't feel like writing anymore.  It was yesterday morning when it suddenly dawned on me that it was the pills I'm taking. 

On a completely unrelated note (because I just decided this post isn't completely random enough), I applied for this job a few days ago that would be basically me proof-reading stuff.  Along with my application and resume, I was required to submit a writing sample to prove how absolutely amazing I am at mastering the english language.  I selected an essay question I wrote for Ethics class which only had one error in it.  I hope they don't hold that against me.  Just kidding.  I corrected and re-saved it before I submitted it for their review.  I pray to God this job allows me to use spell check because I just had to correct at least 3 words that were underlined in red including "reviewal" which, when marked, I realized wasn't even a word. 

On a tangential note, wouldn't it be great if there was a job that involved making up words?  I think I'd be pretty great at that.  We don't have enough words; we need more. 

I don't have a good picture for this post.  I don't know if I could even imagine what image I could possibly display.  I guess I could put a picture of my medication, but that would just be depressing.  Perhaps a picture of me in a Catholic confessional.  If only I had one of those.  I've never even been inside one so I'm certain that picture doesn't even exist.  I mean, it could if I could locate some kind of Photoshop master.... WHICH I TOTALLY AM!  But that might take me another 14 days to put together.  Probably not going to happen. 

Angela

No comments: