Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Master of EVERYTHING (that interests me)

The other night I was on my way home from my weekly meeting/ bible study at Old Soul, driving down the freeway (previously my sworn enemy) and I started thinking about my imminent return to higher education this fall.  For some reason driving anywhere for longer than 2 minutes by myself sparks the contemplative centers in my mind.  Probably because it's quiet and there's no one to interrupt me.  Also I think there's just something about driving down a road that triggers a symbolic image of my future and were I'm going.  Of course with that logic, I should have had plenty of time to plan my entire future when I lived in Georgetown when it took 30 minutes to get anywhere.  But I digress. 

So on this particular 15 minute drive, I was thinking about all the different majors I had previously considered and where those would have taken me.  I then had a revelation.  I want to do EVERYTHING.  I wish I could just spend 10 years or so in school and learn every subject I want and eventually be a multi-subject expert.  Then I could be a professor that teaches five different subjects and/or be a more dynamic writer that can speak on a wide range of subjects. 

Alas, it's not really practical to spend that much time in school before starting a career.  However, I hope to have the opportunity to continue learning these things throughout my life, if only as a hobby.  Then by the end of my life, I will be a Religion/ Philosophy/ Psychology/ Graphic Design/ Digital Arts/ English/ Theater/ Baking expert.  Perhaps I can roll them all into one and come up with some new discipline that other students would then study as a major in college.  That way I could live off the patent rights.  I'm fairly certain it doesn't work that way, but it sounded good. 

I'll let everyone know how this works out. 


This is how my brain will organize all that information
















Angela

No comments: