Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Recovering is Highly Recommended

I don't want to speak too soon, but I believe I'm finally recovering.  It's a good thing too because I only made 2 posts last week and, at this point in the game, anything less than 7 times a week just feels inadequate.  However, I feel like now that I don't have to post, my posts should be better because I have more time to think and perfect them.  If I have an idea about something to write about, I think "If I wait longer then my ideas about this topic will get better and thus my post will be better".  This is not the case. 

What actually happens is I completely forget what I was going to write about and end up sitting in front of a blank screen thinking "What was that idea I had?  Something about.... fish?  Pickles?  Paint?  Wait, how on earth do those things fit together?  Maybe I should go watch the Daily Show and I'll come back to me."  Then I go and do other things and forget about posting. 

So, now that I am feeling better, I believe my brain is functioning at higher capacity and thus I shall not allow my brain to be tricked by my faulty logic.  Also it means I will be doing more things because I feel well enough to do them and thus will have more things to write about.  It's a win-win.  I don't know why I ever got sick in the first place.  All it did was bring me down.  That was a bad decision on my part.  I mean, it couldn't have been my faulty sick-logic that got me sick because I wasn't sick yet.  Somehow in my clear headed mind I thought it would be a good idea to sit around and be unwell for over a week. 

I told John not to get sick.  I hope he learned something from my example.  It is definitely a bad decision and I would urge anyone to take it seriously.  I can only in good conscience recommend that someone get sick if they are A.) wanting to get out of school (but only for below college level because you're not paying for that time) B.) need some time off a job that offers paid sick leave (but don't contract anything serious or you won't enjoy the time and you might have to leave said job) C.) need to get out of an awkward social obligation (in which case faking it would probably be sufficient).  Other than those situations, don't even think about being sick.  You will regret it. 

I really wish I have a picture for this post.  That would make it so much cooler. 

Angela

No comments: