Thursday, April 28, 2011

Am NOT down with the sickness

I've been sick in varying degrees of severity since last Friday night, although the general pattern is that I feel alright during the day and then bad at night.  I guess this is still true, but its started to even out more.  Usually I can handle being sick, but this sickness is the devil. 

Remember when you were a kid and you were happy about being sick?  I mean sure you felt a little crappy and your energy level was a little lower than normal, but you got to skip school and sit on the couch watching TV all day.  It usually only lasted one day (or if your lucky two), but it was amazing just to lay around and do nothing while you knew all your classmates were stuck in school learning.  I always got left at home by myself so I had the added bonus of having the entire house to myself.  Those were the days. 

These days are nothing like that.  There is absolutely no up-side to this sickness.  Plus its lasting way too long.  I was ready to be done with it on Monday and felt very close to recovered, but that dream was snatched away from me when I realized I didn't feel well enough to leave the house that night for my weekly church group meeting. This particular sickness is holding on tight and refusing to let go.  It is something I can definitely live without. 

I wonder if there's someway to trick myself into getting better.  My current method of mercilessly attacking the sick with juice particles seems to be coming up short.... but that won't stop me from trying. 

Angela

No comments: