Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day Thirtythree:Hoiles

I've mentioned Hoiles a lot in recent posts.  I thought I'd put up some picture so that you might understand its almost magical nature.  Kris and I were randomly put together as roommates when we both transferred to Greenville in the fall of 2007.  We lived in Hoiles 203 which has access to the secret room that no one knows about (incidentally, forget I said anything).  We loved Hoiles so much (and had become somewhat attached to each other) that we decided to stay in Hoiles for our senior year.  We then occupied room 204 which was a somewhat significant number for both of us.  Kris left me alone after the 3 week interterm of 2009 and it was then that I started bothering Sara Miller more often. 

So, here's short tour of Hoiles.  I have tons more pictures, I assure you, but I don't really feel like displaying an whole album in one post.  I'm a somewhat compulsive picture taker especially since I got a digital camera, which makes it so much easier. 

Our first dorm: 203 (just the bedroom)













Our second dorm: 204 (the beds were in the closet!)













Walking downstairs action shot













Community Kitchen
TV/ socializing space
Porch with philosophical couch
View from the porch (its campus)









































































So that's were I lived during college.  Our first dorm had a secret room and our second one had beds in the closet.  Both of those things were very exciting.  We didn't spend much time in the secret room though.  It was kinda gross up there.  It was the attic.  It was sweltering hot in the spring/ summer time also. 

The philosophical couch is a place that Kris and I used to hang out and flag random passerby down to come chat with us.  Then it would get cold and we were forced to keep our philosophy inside. 

Angela

No comments: