Monday, April 11, 2011

Day Thirtyfour: Pillow

You may or may not recognize this picture.  I posted it on facebook a while back.  This was my valentine's day present from John. 

John acquired this particular pillow from a friend he met at school who makes custom pillows.  He chose these words to put on the pillow because often times when he would say "I love you", I would respond with "I bet you do".  Interesting fact: since he got me this pillow, I don't say it so much anymore. 

I just think it's interesting the communication that develops in relationships.  It's almost like speaking a different language because certain words or phrases take on new meaning.  I guess it happens amongst friends as well especially if said friends were like roommates or something and came up with a way to classify themselves as one entity.  However, it is more likely that they will be separated eventually and that language will die.  I think in a relationship there's at least a potential for a more permanent foundation.  I can only imagine the crazy things John and I will be saying to each other 10 years from now.  I don't think anyone will know what we're talking about. 

By the way, that singular roommate entity I was referring to was Krangela.  We were pretty proud of that one. 

Angela

No comments: