Friday, April 22, 2011

Day Fourtyfive: My BFF

Tomorrow is a milestone day for one of my favorite people in the universe, my BFF Brandi.  Tomorrow is the day that my best friend turns 21.  Brandi and I have been friends since I was 7 years old (and she was 4) and best friends since I realized that just because she was younger than me didn't mean she wasn't a super awesome person that I loved to hang out with all the time.  I'm not sure exactly what age that was. 

She used to live right next door to me which made it extremely convenient to get together and execute mischief.  There was a period in our lives when it wasn't even necessary to inform either of our parents that I was spending the night at her house on Friday, it was just assumed. 

I can't imagine what I would have done without Brandi.  Georgetown is a pretty boring place and we were 3 miles away from it with no transportation.  Our idea of going to town was catching a ride with her mother and renting a movie at the video store.  Sometimes we would also buy junk food.  Having her around made me forget what an unexciting place I lived in. 

Now that she's going to be 21, we can finally go to a bar together.  I don't know when that's going to happen but I'm excited. 

A visual approximation of what she looks like





















I love you, Brandi. 

Angela

No comments: