Monday, March 14, 2011

Day Six: 6 Months

Today it has been 6 months since I started dating John.  This is longer than all my previous relationships combined.  Needless to say, it has been a huge learning experience for me.  It has shaken the very foundation of my identity.  It has been scary, exciting, comfortable, and very therapeutic. 

I used to be so impatient to find the right person.  I was convinced God was keeping him from me just to test my patience... which he might have been.  I don't think I succeeded in waiting patiently.  I may have kept a calm exterior, but inside I was buzzing with annoyance.  I'm glad I made it.  He was definitely worth the wait. 

I guess this gives me confidence that someday my career will follow suit.  Just like I began to doubt whether the right person would ever show up in my life, I also doubt whether I'll ever find a good job or finish the education I need to get a good job.  If my previous success has been any indication, this will definitely happen for me, however, sometimes its difficult to stay hopeful.  But just like I trusted God and I was eventually blessed to find John, I trust that I will find rewarding work as well. 

I dedicate this post to John: the love of my life. 

Angela


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha aren't you glad I got drunk and made jokes about you 2 dating and then it happened ..... lol .... yeah you owe me. ;)