Monday, March 28, 2011

Day Twenty: Mario

I've become somewhat addicted lately to a short Italian man in a blue jumpsuit.  He has his own world.  He rides around on a tiny dinosaur that eats things. 

Notice how Yoshi greedily sizes up his enemy... er, lunch
I downloaded a program not too long ago that allows me to play Super NES games on my computer.  This program has been the equivalent of 32 bit crack.  I am currently residing in the "Forest of Illusion" on Super Mario World. 

Although very addicting, I have professed many times to John that I "hate this stupid game".  It can be frustrating at times when I can't get past certain parts of the game.  This is probably the first time in our relationship that John has heard me curse this much.  I am a very vocal video game player.  My only regret is that I don't have a controller to throw at a TV during a particularly heartbreaking loss.  Instead, my computer must suffer my wrath.  This laptop has been very good to me; it doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. 

I'd like to thank Kris for the suggestion to write about Mario.  She encouraged me to write, I expressed my desire to play, and she told me to write about it.  I then proceeded to play for another hour before I started writing.  So, it took me a while to pull myself away, but I consider that a win. 

Angela

No comments: