Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day Sixteen: Writing

I'm starting to get a big head.  I have people telling me to write everyday.  My sister-in-law said she looks forward to reading my blog.  Of course this may be the result of the crazy weather dumping snow in the mountains causing everyone who's stuck up there to develop cabin fever fueled by the intermittent lack of power that comes about randomly and could go on for days on end.  Bored is what I'm referring to.  There seems to be a lot of that going around lately.  I'm glad that my daily ramblings can provide people with approximately 5 minutes of entertainment. 

I'm starting to feel confident that this exercise is helping me already.  I'm already feeling the urge to write more and this causes me to think creatively every day.  When lent is over, I probably wont write everyday, but it'll be easier to stay in the habit of writing a few times a week.  Maybe I'll even get better at it!  I hear good things about the effect that practice has on skills one wishes to develop.  They say you get more proficient at things the longer you do them. 

Although, I've been sleeping for years and I think I'm getting worse at that.  Maybe if I stopped practicing sleep, I would get better at it.  I mean, who wants to be unconscious for 8 hours a day anyway?  I'm not good at it, perhaps I need to just stop.  I could write instead of sleep.  I could get so much done! 

Something to think about, I guess. 

Angela

No comments: